Turf Nutrient Management
Sposato Landscape has an industry-leading turf nutrient maintenance program that is constantly fine-tuned to keep lawns throughout Delmarva lush, green, and healthy. Our turf nutrient maintenance professionals can tailor each service to the unique challenges that your turf is facing. Whether you’re dealing with spots on the lawn or white grubs, Sposato Landscape can help.
A Year with Sposato Landscape Turf Nutrient Maintenance
If you partner with Sposato for your turf nutrient management, here’s a look at what your year will look like!
Our first visit of the year is dedicated to spring fertilization to promote healthy growth and lay the foundation for a lush, green lawn.
- Turfgrass application of a balanced granular slow-release fertilizer and pre-emergent crabgrass control
Our spring and early summer visit will ensure that your lawn is prepared to survive the summer and crabgrass.
- Turfgrass application of a balanced liquid slow-release fertilizer, pre-emergent crabgrass control, broadleaf weed control, and micronutrients
- Turfgrass application of seasonal long grub control
Our summer visit to your home or business is designed to help nurture your lawn through the stress of the summer and the subsequent increased weed and insect activity.
- Turfgrass application of a balanced liquid slow-release fertilization, insect control, and broadleaf weed control
Your lawn will be prepared for the fall with a balanced fertilizer and weed control. Sposato Landscape will also take a soil sample from your yard to ensure that nutrient and pH levels are optimal. Depending on the soil test results, we will recommend further treatments to balance your soil.
- Turfgrass application of a balanced liquid slow release fertilizer, broadleaf weed control, and micronutrients
- Soil analysis test
- Core aeration and overseeding (optional)
The final yearly application of fertilizer will prevent winter stress and encourage healthy root development post-aeration and overseeding.
- Turfgrass application of fertilizer
Our Optional Turf Services
Beyond our five-step turf nutrient management program, we also offer four optional services to take your lawn to the next level.
Grub Control Application
Our grub control can be applied between the spring and early summer to stop damage from white grubs. White grubs feed on the roots of Turfgrass and can cause a serious amount of damage. Once the grubs take root in your yard, invasive wild animals will visit your yard looking to eat them. What lawns are prime targets for grubs? Lawns that are well-irrigated with full sun exposure. If you aren’t sure whether or not your yard is at risk, ask your Sposato turf care professional or contact us.
If you struggle with yellow patches on your lawn and have had fungus infestations in the past, fungicide will prevent regrowth. Fungicide will be applied to your turf at least three times a summer to stop damage from common lawn fungi.
Aeration should be performed every year in the early fall to loosen your yard’s soil and promote optimal lawn growth. Over time, your soil will become compacted and inhospitable for grass growth without aeration.
Aeration & Overseeding
If you want to maximize the results that you see from your aeration, you should overseed the turf at the same time. Aeration will give grass room to grow, and overseeding will help to fill in bare and patchy spots in the yard.
Did You Know? Our Treatments Explained!
- Fertilization: Fertilization encourages a lawn to grow lusher and greener than before. Fertilization also helps to strengthen turf so that it can deal with adverse weather conditions, like extreme heat or extreme cold, without suffering as much. Sposato uses a balanced fertilizer with a carefully calibrated blend of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potash.
- Crabgrass Control: You must take steps to control crabgrass growth early in the year to prevent it from invading your lawn. Due to the climate of the area, it’s impossible to eliminate crabgrass growth altogether, but proper turf management at your home our business can offer almost 80% control.
- Insect Control: Untreated pest and insect problems can destroy turf in less than two weeks if allowed to do so. Preventative insecticide treatments and grub control will deter common pests.
- Weed Management: Weed growth can be affected by everything from temperature to humidity, so controlling their growth can be difficult. Our turf program consists of numerous visits throughout the year to provide you with both proactive and reactive weed control.
Partner with Sposato Landscape
Sposato Landscape Company is proud to be a leader in high-quality landscaping and hardscaping services for residential and commercial properties throughout Ocean View, Dagsboro, Fenwick Island, and Dover. From patio installation to turf nutrient management, Sposato Landscape professionals make every effort to complete projects in a timely manner, within budgetary guidelines, and with excellent customer service every step of the way. To experience the Sposato Landscape difference firsthand, contact us today.